Since we started our agency two years ago, we have dedicated ourselves to producing high-quality, strategic video for our clients. Telling stories with passion and creativity while generating measured results is our specialty. Now more than ever, it's important to connect with people through engaging video.
As you may know, video is a powerful content tool because it creates an emotional connection with the viewer. It’s also well suited for modern forms of digital distribution on platforms such as social media, mobile phones, email, and websites.
In the past few years, we have seen video results jump to the top of the list for effectiveness in generating leads and conversions. It is a great time to think about a video strategy for your business if you haven’t already.
This article will point to data and provide real world examples of how different videos can be used to drive results against a variety of specific business goals.
A few facts and statistics about video
Video marketing is effective and appealing. It can be helpful in attracting, educating and converting customers or clients. The popularity of video viewing on smartphones helps to make video distribution affordable and easy to implement no matter your company size.
The statistics* throughout this blog provide insight into how companies are using video to create lasting relationships with audiences and inform their decisions.When combined with a marketing CRM such as HubSpot, video can be leveraged as a tool across your website, social media, email marketing, and more. And most importantly, data can be tracked and consolidated to inform future decisions for your business.
- Video is the #1 form of media used in content strategy, overtaking blogs and infographics. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Promotional Videos and Brand Storytelling are the most common video types created by marketers. (HubSpot, 2020)
If you have questions on how to get your video content strategy in place we'd love to connect with you.
Video is more important than ever
Video is the most effective and digestible form of content right now, especially for lead gen and prospect conversion campaigns. If you aren’t using video to tell your story, to generate new leads, or to inform people along their conversion path you should think about how you might incorporate a video strategy in the near future.
- 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing. (HubSpot, 2020).
- Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising. (Content Marketing Institute, 2017)
- 51% of B2B marketers prioritize creating visual assets as part of their content marketing strategy. (HubSpot, 2019)
- The most common measurement of success for content marketing programs is Total Sales. (HubSpot, 2020)
Below we share a few of our recent projects using specific marketing tactics across a variety of industries.
- Social media and video viewing are the two most popular online activities. (Smart Insights, 2018)
Video 1: Four Seasons, One Dalton Boston, MA.
How We Helped: Our agency produced and directed this video series in collaboration with our client at Four Seasons One Dalton. This campaign promoted Valentine’s Day bookings at the hotel and also a series of shorter videos that can be distributed at a later date. These were primarily used on Instagram as both organic and promotional content. We also created an edit that fit the aspect ratio of Instagram Stories.
- There are over 400 million Instagram users creating Instagram stories every day. (Statitsa, 2018)
- In 2020, 75.3% of U.S. businesses will use Instagram. (SocialMediaToday, 2020)
- Instagram Stories posted a 220% increase in year-on-year ad spend. (Our Social Times, 2018)
- Brands on Instagram create an average of 2.5 Stories on the platform every week. (SocialMediaToday, 2020)
Video 2: HubSpot
How We Helped: HubSpot recently launched a global campaign implementing a series of videos that we storyboarded and created for their recruitment needs for sales roles. We were able to turn around 5 videos from all over the globe using modern digital technology such as zoom conferencing for interviews with sales reps from Australia, Ireland, Brazil and Boston.
[CLIENT QUOTE] “We are by nature a content driven company that wants to truly help whomever our users are, whether that be a candidate or a customer.” - Hannah Fleishman Senior Manager, Employer Brand at HubSpot
HubSpot has their own internal team dedicated to video but they still use Purcell Agency for specific projects.
If you have questions on how to get your video content strategy in place we'd love to connect with you
Video 3: brookes + hill
How We Helped: As we redesigned the website for this incredible custom home builder and remodeling company, we created a series of videos that are presented throughout their website to tell their story, display their work and educate potential clients. In combination with the HubSpot CRM and Marketing tools, we were able to identify new prospects and potential clients and help them communicate better to everyone in a meaningful way.
- The presence of video itself affects the most important SEO ranking factor: content. Video is evidence of quality content, and as part of a media mix on a site, it helps send signals to search engines that your page or site contains rich media relevant to search requests. It is expected that search engines will continue to increase the ranking factor of including video as consumers demand video in search results. So having video on your site will boost page rank. (The Rise of Video: 8 Tips to Boost Your Site’s SEO With Video)
Video 4: Mit x Pro
How We Helped: MITxPro leveraged a strategic list of former students to distribute an email through HubSpot along with posts to LinkedIn and Facebook groups. The campaign posts included this video, which promoted a new course they were beta testing entitled “Mutual Gains Approach to Negotiation”. The campaign was highly successful filling seats for the course.
- 86% of professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes. (HubSpot, 2017)
- 93% of marketers say they’ve converted a lead into a paying customer due to video on social media. (Animoto Blog, 2018)
INVESTOR AND MARKET RELATIONS
Video 5: Acceleron Pharma
How We Helped: Acceleron turned to Purcell Agency to update their corporate video message to match the approvals of new drugs to the market. This video now lives on the homepage of their website.
- 20% of people will read the text on a page, but 80% of people will watch a video. (My SMN, 2017)
Video 6: Elizabeth Crampton, Fine Boston Living
How We Helped: Not every real estate brokerage has the creativity and talent to think outside the box like Elizabeth Crampton. However, as we all know consumer habits have shifted. It will soon be more vital than ever to reach potential buyers virtually. Our agency had a fun time coming up with this creative concept in collaboration with Elizabeth and her team.
We hope the above examples shed light on how to utilize video to connect with clients, prospects, and employees. If you have questions on how to get your video content strategy in place we'd love to connect with you.
*Data Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics